European Beach Resorts
April – November
Activity Manager/ General Manager
Up to £710 PCM based on experience + accommodation + great overall package
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful European summer resorts. It’s all about, creating a fantastic holiday experience for our guests, sharing your passion for the activities you love, and having the time of your life!
As Resort Host, you’re the chief of fun. You’re the go-to individual for guests; therefore, you’ll need to be available, approachable and visible throughout the resort.
Personality is key. Your primary responsibility will be to take responsibility for the delivery of all resort entertainment and to ensure that Neilson consistently exceeds guest expectations.
You’ll need a beautiful combination of excellent interpersonal skills, a friendly, approachable and an outgoing personality. It’s also essential that you’re efficient, reliable, assertive, conscientious and fun!
Anyone stepping into this role will need to be highly charismatic with the ability to use a microphone effectively and to hold an audience. You’ll be able to create an air of excitement that keeps anyone staying in the resort thoroughly entertained throughout
You’ll spend a lot of time dipping in and out of all resort activities throughout the week and dining/chatting with guests at the ‘social table’ in the restaurant.
You must communicate with all heads of departments every week to discuss how they can help to promote your entertainment activities/evenings around the resort.
Although it’s not essential, any experience as a musician, singer or entertainer would be beneficial; however, the primary qualification for this role is a big infectious personality.
You’ll need to be a visible presence around the resort.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team, so if this is the role for you, please apply online today!
Along with your resort team, you’ll ensure that we give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of a Neilson holiday is
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You’ll have a ‘hands-on’ social approach to ensure positive guest relations and the highest levels of customer service are maintained daily
- Assist the Hospitality Manager with the promotion of selling non-inclusive nights, for example, the BBQ night to maximise guest attendance and in-turn drive sales
- Organise and host a resort quiz at the hotel bar to maximise guest participation, enjoyment and in-turn drive sales
- Plan and host a variety of daytime entertainment including active events, excursions and competitions to fit around the existing Beach Plus programme
- To be responsible for planning and executing staff entertainment nights, getting the whole team involved in entertaining the guests
- Ensure that all events are run in line with Neilson security, health and safety standards
- Assist and bring the team together to provide and deliver entertainment in the case of bad weather
- Create and implement an imaginative sales and marketing plan that will promote and raise awareness of the entertainment programme to ensure maximum guest attendance
- Regular and effective communication with the Resort Manager to monitor feedback and income targets
- To take centre stage at the weekly briefing to promote the weekly entertainment programme
- To be highly visible and present around the resort to quickly establish guest relations
- To ensure a friendly, approachable manner is always adopted with both staff and guests
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge and understanding of Neilson products and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to Neilson Guests
- Identify any problems affecting the customers, assist and escalated your line manager wherever necessary
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- A strong personal presence around the resort
- The ability to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of achieving guest enjoyment
- Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others
- Ability to create and adapt Neilson advertising adhering to the correct company standards
- Knowledge of creating a well-rounded entertainment programme that remains suitable for families while still appealing to a wide range of guests
- Fantastic communication skills
- You must be a very confident public speaker who can use a microphone with skill
- You should be educated to GCSE standard
- Previous experience in creating an entertainment programme would be beneficial
- You must be adaptable where necessary
- Ability to swim and get involved in water-based activities would be highly useful
- Confident setting up and maintaining PA sound systems or willing to learn quickly
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel packages
- Previous overseas experience would be beneficial
- The ability to sing or play a musical instrument would be highly useful
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance