European Beach Resorts
April – November
Up to £620 PCM + Accommodation*, flights, food + great overall package
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
You will lead a team to ensure our multiple swimming pools are safely lifeguarded throughout the working day. Working alongside other departments you and your team will ensure that all activities taking place in and around the pools are fun, memorable and delivered safely.
While on duty, you and your team must remain alert and professional at all times, providing constant surveillance covering all activities in the pool area. You will also ensure that your team are actively promoting and delivering swimming lessons to all guests.
In the event of an emergency, the Lifeguard on duty will be ready jump to the rescue of anyone in danger. You’ll support your team and instil the ability to remain calm, manage a situation with confidence, and correctly administer any necessary first aid.
Your team will maintain an excellent standard of customer service; be friendly, approachable and fun; however, the primary purpose is to collectively provide a safe environment for all guests, prevent unnecessary accidents and help to avoid any dangers.
This will require an approach that is firm but fair, to make sure that all guests/staff follow the set rules and regulations of the pool, to caution any swimmers against unsafe practices and deter those causing a safety hazard to others.
Although your skill-set is essential, with Neilson Active Holidays, it’s also about personality. We’re always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our brilliant team.
People who can build rapport with ease and provide our guests with confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is delivered by people who care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure the appearance of the pool areas always meets guest expectations
- Following the emergency action plan in accordance with all Neilson policies and procedures
- Writing and managing a weekly rota ensuring all our pools are safely lifeguarded.
- Carrying out risk assessments and health and safety assessments of the pool area and activities carried out within in.
- To perform lifeguarding duties in accordance with local laws and to meet the required standards
- Actively promoting and helping to deliver group sessions, private swimming lessons, and assisting the Fitness Instructor with pool-based classes
- Regularly assist the Children’s Club, the beach operation, bikes, tennis and the office where required.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and maintain effective working relationships.
- To work as part of a team, setting up, packing up, and actively providing daily assistance to our guests
- Help to organise and host social events, deliver briefings and happy to interact with guests at all times
- To maintain a flexible attitude and to be prepared to move between resorts to meet the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- You must be willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your line manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
Essential for this role:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) or equivalent (This must be valid for the duration of the contract)
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a pool environment
- Previous customer service experience
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- ASA/UKCC Level 2 in Teaching Aquatics, SEQ or equivalent (Desirable)
- Previous experience in a managerial role (Desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to react calmly, quickly and effectively in emergencies
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management and other staff
- Able to work using own initiative
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.