WATERSKI & WAKEBOARD MANAGER
European Beach Resorts
April – November
Up to £1000 PCM (Net) + Accommodation*, flights, food + great overall package
Job Role Summary:
Ideally, we’re looking for full season Waterski Managers (usually from April through to November). We’ll consider candidates with shorter dates of availability, but operationally those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Everyone that works for us is awesome, but our Neilson Waterski/Wakeboard Instructor Teams are always legendary.
Our Greek and Croatian clubs offer “premium glass” first thing in the morning with idyllic conditions for all disciplines throughout the day and the opportunity for our guests to enjoy some of the most memorable experiences within our programme.
Leading by example, you and your team of qualified British Waterski & Wakeboard Coach will be on hand throughout the week mixing it up between running land lessons, preparing customers to get out on the water, and of course, delivering exceptional coaching to guests of all abilities/ages out on the water.
Our customers are a mixture of complete beginners to seasoned Mono-Skiers looking to go faster and get lower, or Wake Boarders wanting to get higher and try a new trick!
You and your team will go out of their way to ensure that these moments are up there with the holiday highlights.
Although your skill-set is essential, with Neilson Active Holidays, it’s also about personality. We’re always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our brilliant team.
People who can build rapport with ease and provide our guests with confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is delivered by people who care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- Liaise with your line manager with regard placing orders for spares and equipment
- You’ll train, motivate and appraise the waterski/wakeboard team ensuring the highest levels of instruction and assuming responsibility for the development of your Instructors
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments
- You’ll ensure the team maintains an excellent standard of customer service
- You’ll ensure that your team delivers an excellent water ski/wakeboard instruction programme that follows the BWSF syllabus
- You’ll organise a working rota that ensures your team members rotate within the team and take equal responsibility for instruction, driving and spotting
- You’ll ensure that the team are managing all bookings effectively while adequately prepare all guests for their sessions
- You’ll ensure that the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to by the team and that guests are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take overall responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the pontoon and waterski Centre always meets guest expectations
- The ability to manage your team effectively and create a great team vibe
- To coordinate, pack up, and assist all guests using our equipment and facilities each day
- To coordinate the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- British Water Ski Federation (UKCC) Level 2 Instructor or equivalent
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSW) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBD2) or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment would be desirable
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled ski boat driver – Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Extensive knowledge of the BWSF syllabus
- In-depth knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well using your own initiative and to follow both verbal and written instructions accurately
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.